Sunday, October 08, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly link up for hand stitching enthusiasts! Today is Thanksgiving here in Canada and I am thankful for so many things, including this international community of enthusiastic and talented hand stitchers! Whether you post your projects in the link ups, or you encourage others in their long term, slow stitching endeavours, or you are stitching along quietly on your own hand stitching projects making your corner of the world calmer and more beautiful, we are thankful for YOU!

I have enjoyed finishing the bindings on three quilts over the past week (Tetris quilt, baby quilt, and miniature quilt). Binding is my favourite kind of hand stitching so it's no surprise that I quickly finished it all.
And now, having no other bindings to stitch, I'm back to hand quilting my Life is Beautiful blocks. 
I have finished a few of the alternate circle blocks (the ones with no embroidery). I'm very happy with how they are looking and have a couple more blocks ready for stitching today.

What's your hand stitching project? Take some time to put in a few stitches today and be thankful for this wonderful hobby we enjoy! 

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

19 comments:

Anne Ida said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathy! Enjoy your stitching :-D

Gretchen Weaver said...

What an accomplishment, 3 quilts bound. Enjoy your stitching. Enjoy your family during your Thanksgiving.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You have had quite the week of finishes and binding! Happy Thanksgiving to you !

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, you are an inspiration Kathy. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks again for the link up which I'm enjoying very much.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always forget your Thanksgiving is so early in October. I hope you have a great time and if you are with family that is always a plus - have fun with your family and nice meal.

Cathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Congrats on such a productive week.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Thanksgiving is much earlier for you than for us, down south. Happy Thanksgiving!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend!

MissPat said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I have a binding to work on today (well, and tons of other stuff, too). Enjoy your holiday.
Pat

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I always enjoy your posts, and will definitely be doing some slow stitching myself today. Thanks for the inspiration!

Laura said...

Happy THANKSGIVING! Sunday snuck up on me, but I will take some stitching with me to work on while my sister has surgery.

Sarah said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving today. You've achieved so much - three bindings complete this week!

Deb A said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Great job on all the finishes this week. Do you sleep at all? Enjoy your family time.

Ellen said...

I am thankful for so much in my life and I remind myself every day how fortunate I am! Thanksgiving preparations are under way at my house today for our dinner tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

marebear said...

Yes..BINDING by hand is the best! It makes the project feel complete.

CathieJ said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am just about to start hand stitching a binding also.

Nancy said...

The fabric on the quilt you have in hand in the photo above is just beautiful. Congrats on so many bindings in one week. Good for you! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. And thanks for hosting Slow Sunday Stitching.

Created by Kathi said...

Happy thanksgiving friend... hope you had fun yesterday working on Life is Beautiful blocks... you have been busy as well!!! Kathi

Kate said...

Hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving with lots of fun stitching time.